To nurture and empower learners to contribute to a more just and sustainable world by creating tomorrow’s successful global citizens.
We aim to nurture and empower our learners through our Global Citizenship curriculum (what we teach); our values (what we believe to be fair and just) and our focus on skill development (what skills are required for success now and in the future).
An Attenborough Global Citizen is a caring human, a skilful thinker and knowledgeable learner.
Our curriculum teaches
- Awareness of the world and our role as a global citizen.
- The value of diversity and respect.
- Social justice and the importance of equality for all.
- Participation in the community to care for others.
- Ideas to support the world to become a more equitable and sustainable place.
- That as a global citizen we are all responsible for our actions.
- The importance of relationships and working together.
“The aim of education is to enable students to understand the world around them and the talents within them so that they can become fulfilled individuals and active, compassionate citizens.” Sir Ken Robinson