To develop learners with the knowledge and understanding, skills, values and attitudes that they need both to participate fully in a globalised society and economy, and to secure a more just and sustainable world.
“The aim of education is to enable students to understand the world around them and the talents within them so that they can become fulfilled individuals and active, compassionate citizens.” Sir Ken Robinson
An Attenborough Learner
- Is aware of the wider world and has a sense of their own role as a global citizen.
- Respects and values diversity.
- Is passionately committed to social justice.
- Participates in the community at a range of levels.
- Works with others to make the world a more equitable and sustainable place.
- Takes responsibility for their actions.
- Values the importance of relationships with others.