At Attenborough EYFS we believe that children should have the opportunities to explore and make sense of the world around them, as well as use and develop their imagination and creativity. During the Early years, children’s language, social and emotional and cognitive skills are rapidly expanding. We believe that the stimulation and learning that comes from play, early Maths activities, reading, sharing stories and singing and interacting with peers and caring adults (in our setting and at home) is essential.
We also believe in preparing learners for the challenges and demands of the next phase of their education. Therefore, we also devote time and effort to developing early phonic, mathematical and handwriting skills through our whole school schemes of learning (Maths No Problem; Penpals and SoundsWrite Phonics)
Our aims are to:
- Provide a happy, caring and safe environment for our learners, developing and maintaining warm relationships between our big learners (teaching team) and our little learners (the children)
- Provide learning experiences that meet the needs and interests of the individual children through a balanced provision of child initiated and adult led opportunities.
- Support our learners in becoming resilient, enthusiastic, creative, reflective, enquiring and co-operative learners.
- Provide exciting high quality learning incorporating Global Citizenship.
- To create and maintain positive and effective home/school links.
Early Years and Global Citizenship
Attenborough EYFS Skills Based Curriculum
Attenborough EYFS Links to National Curriculum Learning
DCS Directive 3.2.26 MOD Schools & Settings EYFS